Customer Success Stories:
DexYP Improves Net Promoter Score by 20% (Advertising)
Size: 10,000 Employees
Location: Atlanta, GA
- 20% increase in Net Promoter Score
- 42% increase in customer identification prior to the call connecting
- 100% increase in warm transfers
- Improved same day resolution on support calls
- Improved accountability metrics for sales and support agents
DexYP sought a computer telephony integration (CTI) solution to address the gaps management found in workflow processes that teams were facing when dealing with their customers. After introducing InGenius and Salesforce to the business development, service delivery and technology solutions teams, DexYP has seen an increase in their Net Promoter Score and an internal culture shift.
DexYP was facing poor average handle time (AHT) from time spent searching for customer records, a poor warm transfer experience from one internal DexYP support agent to another, and poor data tracking because inbound and outbound calls weren’t being logged. This led the DexYP technology solution team to face resource inefficiencies across the board and a low Net Promoter Score (NPS).
DexYP developed a future state business architecture which included detailed key performance indicator (KPI) and service level agreement (SLA) objectives from sale through to solution renewal. Management underwent the process of identifying necessary process changes and creating business requirements for the technology solution team. Through this process, DexYP identified a need for a computer telephony integration solution to bridge the gap between their systems and workflow processes that prevented the business development and service delivery teams from having a common view of their customer, the advertiser.
DexYP is a leading marketing solutions provider in the United States dedicated to helping local businesses and communities grow. Formerly AT&T Interactive and AT&T Advertising Solutions, DexYP launched in May 2012, bringing the two companies together. DexYP solutions include online presence, local search, display advertising, direct marketing and print directory advertising. DexYP solutions and services are backed by thousands of media consultants and customer service professionals in local markets across the U.S.
Historically, book based "Yellow Pages" were used as a primary advertising solution. DexYP’s business evolved, and they now support a diverse suite of advertising solutions for nearly half a million advertisers who require real time interaction with DexYP. An enterprise-wide customer relationship management (CRM) platform like Salesforce became a must-have technology.
The InGenius Solution
InGenius and Salesforce were selected to support the business requirements of DexYP. The combined solution allowed DexYP to improve the customer experience by enabling intelligent call routing to the correct agent, and a screen pop of the customer account page to reduce the number of up-front questions. The InGenius and Salesforce solution also enabled call logging for sales, operations and workforce management teams, ensuring all aspects of the organization have a 360-degree view of the customer.
"With InGenius and Salesforce integration, DexYP found a technology solution that enabled us to deliver an effortless customer experience. Our customers now have the sense that DexYP knows who they are, understands their needs, and can quickly connect them to the best resource for help."
Rich Magaldi | Executive Director, Customer Experience | DexYP
InGenius and Salesforce integration resulted in a cultural shift within the DexYP organization, enabling improvements in customer experience and an increase in Net Promoter Score. DexYP now has a common view of the customer, which allows them to focus on caring, nurturing and growing their customer base.
- 42% improvement in automatic number identification - agents spent less time searching for the account, and customers could be routed to the appropriate agent
- Improved accountability metrics - management teams gained visibility into call data from the phone system, and could track revenue for outbound calls
- Better agent utilization - Salesforce Omni-Channel integration allowed cases from other channels to be sent to blended agents during breaks in phone activity
Improved Customer Experience
- 20% improvement in net promoter score
- 100% of calls were transferred with Salesforce CRM information, so customers did not have to be re-interviewed
Decreased Inbound Calls to Support
- Improved same day resolution scores because of intelligent routing of the call and more accurate placement of the caller